We’re part of Aylmer’s history
For more than 85 years, McTaggart Armstrong Dewar & Owen Insurance has served the community in and around Aylmer, Ontario. Originally located on 39 Talbot Street West, the business started with two partners – Emerson McTaggart and Herson Armstrong – in 1926. William Dewar and Howard Owen later joined them as brokers and partners. In 1965, Mr. Dewar passed away and Bob and Lynn Grisenthwaite purchased his share of the business.
By 1982, Bob Grisenthwaite was the sole remaining partner, supported by three additional staff members: Shirley Fallowfield, Noreen Phillips and Mike Devine. Shirley, Noreen and Mike later took over ownership of the firm. In 1995, Crawford & Danyluk Insurance Brokers Ltd. purchased a share of the company then, in 2013, it became a full associate of the Crawford & Danyluk Insurance Brokers family.
Now located at 90 Talbot Street West, the historic name and local staff of McTaggart Armstrong Dewar & Owen remain as a “main street” presence in Aylmer.